If you’re looking for a shape that’s feminine, hugs the body in all the right places and covers any kind of food baby you may have grown over breakfast, look no further than the peplum!
The style originates in Greece and has been seen in collections by Louis Vuitton, Balmain and Sass & Bide. Skirt, dress or jacket form, the peplum is flirty, feminine and adds an interesting touch to a normally simple silhouette.
1. Asos, 2. Peter Som, New York Fashion Week 2012, 3. Alexander McQueen, 4: Miranda Kerr at the Museum of Modern Art
There were more waves going on in my hair today than at the beach.
I don’t know about you but I’m yet to find a sea salt spray that is as good as the real thing.
Necklace: Van Rycke, Sunglasses: AM Eyewear, Tee: Zuttion
Lets face it, the neon trend is not going anywhere in a hurry and one of the easiest ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe is with jewellery and if you’re into DIY then there is a pretty good chance you’ve already come across Geneva from A Pair and a Spare. I got the neon necklace idea from this amazing piece she created a few months back.
The necklace is actually a pearl strand I picked up at Diva and the neon yellow paint you can find at any Bunnings store. What do you think?
Check out Geneva’s post for full instructions on how to DIY your own neon necklace.
I actually don’t think I carry that much around in my handbag. I’m a pretty no fuss kinda girl which means the contents of my bag are actually quite boring.
1. Handbag: I actually had this made the last time I was in Bali. It a copy of an el-cheapo I picked up in Rubi Shoes. The leather keeps better with age.
2. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream: holy moly, this tube has lasted me years! It’s the perfect lip balm and I pretty much use it on any part of me that needs serious moisture.
3. Rhodia Notebook: For random scribbles and lists.
4. Pen: Not sure what brand this is but it’s covered in graffiti and I love it! It was a gift from my brother and he got it at Urban Depot in Leederville.
5. Sunglasses/Glasses: Ray Bans’s which aren’t actually mine… thanks T And prescription glasses from a Japanese brand called Mokucho-Roman.
6. Lipsticks: Nars – Barbarella, Chantecaille – Aster and YSL Lipgloss. These two are just a snippet of what’s actually in my bag, you can see the whole range here.
7. Purse: Tie died leather by Scout and Catalogue. What’s not to love?
8. Dry Shampoo: Batiste.
9. And of course, the trusty iPhone!
In an industry that traditionally takes itself quite seriously, I love it when every now and then fashion takes the mickey! Check out the video from the French Vogue office below celebrating the launch of their new website. Complete with editor-in-chief Emmanuelle Alt lip synching.
All images taken from Superette
Happy hump day lovelies! I’m out and about today in meetings and catch ups, outfit post coming soon xx